*OUR WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION.*

As we migrate to a new system, certain function/links may not work.

The New P.E.

Research shows that only 10% of students are natural athletes that enjoy a physically competitive environment. The New P.E. caters to the other 90% by providing alternative, individual and non-competitive activities such as skateboarding. Schools districts across the world are embracing this movement in physical education.

Harvard Education Letter on The New P.E.
'It means adding a greater variety of games and activities, especially those for small groups, so that all students will enjoy PE, not just athletes. The best programs, say researchers, emphasize cooperation and fair play while making sure everyone gets an equal chance to participate. Nontraditional sports such as skateboarding, handball, and dance may find a place in the curriculum, particularly if children request them.'

- Sara-Ellen Amster, "Getting a Jump on Good Health"
Harvard Education Letter, volume 16:6 (November/December 2000), pp. 1-3, 7.
Copyright (c) 2000 by the President and Fellows of Harvard College

Read the entire article:
Harvard Education Letter
 

Contact Us

Skate Pass, LLC
PO Box 21115
Boulder, Colorado 80308


Phone: (720) 580-9499

Fax: (610) 271-5065

Email: info@skatepass.com

Print Print | Sitemap
© Skate Pass, LLC 2009 - 2017. All rights reserved.